SBDCtech @ UC Davis Venture Catalyst is a resource for technology-based entrepreneurs and startups throughout the Sacramento Metro Area and north. The program focuses on supporting agtech and biotech clients by providing no-cost, one-on-one business consulting, delivering targeted training workshops, and hosting innovation programs and events. Services are delivered through a network of specialized advisors with experience supporting entrepreneurs and startups. At this time, all services are being delivered in a virtual or remote format.
The program expands on Venture Catalyst’s core offerings and is available to all applicable entrepreneurs and startups regardless of their university affiliation. The ultimate goal of the program is to drive regional innovation and economic prosperity by facilitating new business starts, assisting existing startups with technology commercialization, and enabling capital infusion.
Advisors in the SBDCtech @ UC Davis network offer consulting services in areas such as:
- Business – technology commercialization, customer discovery and validation, market and competitor assessment, business model creation, financial modeling, funding and exit strategies, and ecosystem connections
- Investment Funding – building a fundraising strategy, developing compelling investor collateral, and delivering various forms of effective pitches
- Non-Dilutive Funding – strategic planning and proposal preparation for Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) / Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) grant and contract opportunities
- Intellectual Property – guidance on IP strategy, protection, landscape assessment, and management
- Regulatory Compliance – guidance on regulatory compliance as well as planning and preparation for engaging with regulatory processes and agencies
To receive services through the program, the entrepreneur or startup client needs to be addressing a technology related to agtech or biotech that is beyond the basic concept and idea stage, advanced through proof-of-concept studies or other activities showing early validation and market viability. Click the buttons below to sign up for services or contact us for more information.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA or HSU Sponsored Programs Foundation.